Josh Barry will be returning to Glastonbury for his second year running – this time as winner of the 2017 emerging talent competition.

He brings an uplifting and dance-oriented brand of soul to his music, and is definitely on the up, with other festival appearances last year including Coachella, SXSW, Ultra, Reading & Leeds, Wireless, Hard Summer, Pukklepop, EDC and Future Festival.

He not only scoops a coveted slot at the festival-of-all-festivals, but he also walks away with a £5,000 talent development prize from the PRS.

Barry took the top slot after being longlisted by an industry panel of 40 music professionals and then selected from 120 others to be in the final eight who performed at Pilton in front of the competition judges last night (Sat 22 April).

“I don’t think I can find the words for tonight but I thank every single one of you for making it possible. To my band, my team and my family, I am so grateful. See you at Glastonbury!”

Spitting out grime-flavoured raps, 24-year-old London-based Flohio took one of the two runner-up slots at the finals, meaning she takes a £2,500 PRS prize home as well as also being assured of a place on a Glastonbury stage.

She’s recently been one of the Dazed & Confused Dazed100, so definitely another rising talent to keep an eye on.

The other £2,500 prize went to Young Yizzy, another south Londoner with a gritty story to tell and with 20,000+ views on his recently released video for ‘This is Life’ there are clearly plenty of people out there keen to listen.

However, in the words of Hot Choclolate, ‘everyone’s a winner, baby…’

Because Michael Eavis announced after the top three names were announced that all eight finalists will get a slot somewhere at the festival.

So look out and listen up for shows from WOWH, Lilith Ai, Tyni, Lucas & King, and Silences.

Here at Flyer Towers we firmly believe festivals should be a time to explore and find new bands and songs to enjoy – so step away from the main stages every so often and soak up something a little different.

Facebook Posts

05:00 – 06:00 b2b2b

5€ < 00:00 > 10€
... See MoreSee Less

Vienna tonight.

5 hours ago

Lucas & King

Its been a very good year so far 😊thanks for all the support lovely people 💙💚💛 ... See MoreSee Less

Its been a very good year so far 😊thanks for all the support lovely people 💙💚💛

10 hours ago

Silences

Dublin Massif. We play with the brilliant Orchid Collective on November 25th in The Workman's Club, Dublin. Tickets are €13 including booking fee and are available from September 28th. Get it in your diaries. Aiken Promotions ... See MoreSee Less

Dublin Massif. We play with the brilliant Orchid Collective on November 25th in The Workmans Club, Dublin. Tickets are €13 including booking fee and are available from September 28th. Get it in your diaries. Aiken Promotions

11 hours ago

Josh Barry

If you haven't seen the video already for a song with Fabich called 'Hold on' then check it out on YouTube !
Also on my Spotify is the acoustic version of the track which according to some people is better than the original .... but I'll let you be the judge! 💜🙏🏾
... See MoreSee Less

That Bald Guy
Out This Week Also... Yizzy Ldn
... See MoreSee Less

That Bald Guy

1 day ago

TYNI

Thanks to LoveElectro for remixing my first release and one of my personal favourites Fighter. I think this is wonderful..thank you ❤️TYNI - Fighter (ROAR Remix) ... See MoreSee Less

Video image