THE GREAT ESCAPE 200815 May 2008 - 17 May 2008
Various - Brighton
- Festival Review: The Great Escape 2008Various venues, Brighton. 15-17 May 2008
- Interview: Escape artists: The Young KnivesOn how to make The Great Escape
- Feature: The big one: The Great EscapeWe look ahead to Brighton
- Interview: Breakout: Great Escape's Martin ElbourneThe band booker on his Brighton bash
Related NewsMore news
- Metronomy and more for 5 Night RevueEsser and Broken Records also for London mini-fest
- Vampire Weekend make mark at The Great EscapeBrooklyn band help pack out Brighton
- The Great Escape adds The Go! TeamMystery Jets head to Brighton too
- Futureheads and Ting Tings for Great EscapeJoining a huge bill of new music
- Day tickets for The Great Escape on saleThursday, Friday or Saturday...
Days: 3 | Capacity: 7000The Great Escape in Brighton has cemented itself alongside America's SXSW and Holland's EuroSonic by providing breaking bands with a platform to impress music industry bigwigs.
The Gossip, Jack Penate and Mercury Music Prize winners Klaxons have all cut their teeth at the seaside festival which holds more than 200 gigs across various venues in the city.
This year the event is set to be the largest yet and festival goers can chose to see the bands on a gig-by-gig basis or buy a all-encompassing festival wristband which will give them access to the 25 plus venues.
Photo GallerySee all photos
Fans of this Festival