Following yesterday's news that The Big Chill was offering to accommodate people who had purchased tickets to the cancelled dance event, a number of other festivals are also offering the same.
Fans were left devastated when the award-winnning Glade announced its cancellation, earlier in the week, due to unmanageable supplier costs. There is now some light at the end of the tunnel, as Glade's organisers have arranged ticket swaps with a number of other events.
A statement on the Official Glade website advises fans to just let Ticketline (Glade's ticket agent) know which event they would like to swap their tickets for, and it will be arranged.
The following events, are now available (click on the links on the right for more info & line-ups):
– Lounge on the Farm (Best Line-up, 2009)*
– Lovebox Weekender (Best Medium Festival, 2008)
– Global Gathering (Shortlisted: Best Dance Festival, 2004-2009)
– Sunrise Celebration (Best Socially Responsible Festival, 2007)
– Big Chill (Best Toilets, 2007 & 2008)
– Standon Calling (Most Memorable Moment, 2008)
– Beachbreak Live (Best Small Festival, 2009)
– Nozstock – Hosted in nearby Herefordshire, there will be a strong dance and dubstep contingent at the event including Stanton Warriors, Capsa with MC Rod Azlan, Sub Focus and many more.
* UK Festival Awards
Where the replacement ticket was cheaper than the original Glade ticket, as in Sunrise's case, for example, Ticketline will even refund the difference.
Daniel Hurring, Sunrise Director says, “As fellow independent festival organisers we felt deeply saddened about the Glade being cancelled this year. Many of our team have worked for the Glade over the years and our hearts go out to the organisers. We hope to see the Glade back again next year – we’re living proof that the phoenix can indeed rise from the ashes!”