Michael Eavis has denied rumours that Jay-Z is set to pull his set at this year's Glastonbury Festival and take the final headline slot at O2 Wireless Festival (3 July) instead.
According to an article in The Sun the New York rapper is displeased that organisers used him as a promotion to attract a younger audience to the festival.
The star is also said to be annoyed by the suggestions that he is to blame for the drop in registrants this year and by the way his image has been perceived on certain Internet messageboards.
However Michael Eavis, who will be personally introducing Jay-Z on stage, has confirmed that the rapper will still headline the Saturday night. He told the paper: "I spoke to his people this weekend. Everything is fine. I’m excited."
Tickets for this year’s festival went on sale yesterday, but so far only 100,000 weekend tickets have been snapped up. In previous years the event has sold out within hours.
Only those who have registered with the anti-touting registration system are able to purchase tickets for this year’s event.
Tickets are available online from Seetickets.com or alternatively over the phone on 0800 079 2008.
Weekend tickets for the festival cost £155 each including £5 booking fee and £4 post and packaging. For full details on how to get tickets for this year’s event click HERE.
Glastonbury Festival 2008 takes place at Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset with Kings Of Leon, Jay-Z and The Verve headlining, plus loads more already either self confirmed or hotly rumoured.