Prince at Glastonbury? The Chili Peppers at V2003? Linkin Park and Jay-Z for Reading and Leeds? Travis for T in the Park? Yep, the rumour mill is in overdrive this year, but if speculation proves correct (and we usually are!) then the outlook rocks!
Glastonbury 2003 (27 – 29 June):
- [r-zone1]R.E.M. are already confirmed to headline the main stage on Friday 27th June, as previously reported.
- Radiohead, Michael Eavis’ second favourite band after Coldplay are likely to headline on Saturday night, repeating their legendary performance back in 1997.
- Prince is rumoured to fill the ‘veteran’ slot on the Sunday night (last year occupied by Rod Stewart). Oh, that’s if the Rolling Stones don’t want to get their Gucci shoes muddy.
- Other hotly tipped contenders include: Massive Attack, Muse, Richard Ashcroft, Supergrass, David Gray (hooray), Idlewild, Dolly Parton (fantastic), Jimmy Cliff, The Coral, The Libertines, and BRMC.
- Click here for more info on Glastonbury 2003
Reading and Leeds Festival 2003 (22 – 25 August):
- [r-zone2]U.S. Rock legends Metallica have already confirmed headlining slots at Leeds (22 August) and Reading (24 August). They still have to find a new bassist, though!
- Other likelies include: Linkin Park, Jay-Z, System of a Down, Limp Bizkit, Nickelback and The Vines.
- Click here for more info on Reading 2003
- Click here for more info on Leeds 2003
V2003 (16 – 17 August)
- No acts confirmed yet, but speculation is focusing on Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldlay and Foo Fighters to appear.
- Click here for more rumours and info on V2003
T in the Park 2003 (12 – 13 July)
- [r-zone3]R.E.M. have already confirmed their headline slot on the main stage on Saturday 12 July.
- Other rumoured artists include Travis, Foo Fighters, Coldplay and Idlewild.
- Click here for more info on T in the Park 2003
Stay posted for more rumours and confirmations. You’ll see it here first!