Take That in Glastonbury Festival 2011 talks?
Despite the idea being refuted by Robbie Williams
Dane Cobain - 02 November 2010
The Daily Star claims that the recently
reunited five-piece are in talks to perform on the Pyramid Stage on Saturday 25 June.
The festival coincides with a two-day break in the group's sold out stadium tour and the newspaper claims that the space in their schedule is deliberate.
A source told the paper: “They haven't put pen to paper yet but it's very close. Take That at Glastonbury would be amazing.”
But band member Robbie Williams, who is back with the group after leaving in 1995, previously told a local radio station that he wasn’t so keen.
Speaking on Liverpool's Radio City 96.7 he said: “There's going to be no Glastonbury, not for me,” before branding festival-goers, “dickheads.”
In the same interview however, Mark Owen announced: “I would love for us to go to Glastonbury.”
Take That will embark on their first tour as a five-piece for over 15 years in 2011, playing stadiums across Europe from 30 May to 29 July.
Their UK tour sold out after going on sale last Friday, with fans snapping up 1.34 million tickets in 24 hours.
As reported previously, Prince and U2 are rumoured to be headlining Glastonbury Festival 2011 when it returns to Somerset from 22-26 June.
Tickets are sold out, but Glastonbury registration has re-opened for those hoping to buy resale passes next Spring.
A limited number of tickets should go on sale around April or May next year.
National Express have been unveiled as one of the official coach partners of the Glastonbury Festival.
More festival-goers are travelling by coach to events because of its green credentials, it saves money on car parking and the coach drops ticket-holders closer to the campsite than any other mode of transport.
Click here for more details on coaches to Glastonbury Festival.