Korn go Karaoke at Download
11 June 2006
In a brave and adventurous move, the band decided to play on anyway, with several frontmen from other bands on today's line-up stepping in on lead vocals (these did not include James Hetfield as previously rumoured). With the side-of-stage sound man gesturing part changes and a karaoke-style monitor at the front of the stage flashing up lyrics, the set was impressively slick and seamless. The three remaining Korn members appeared relaxed and animated throughout the emotive, uplifting and triumphant performance.
Korn and friends performed the following set-list:
- 'Its On' (with Jesse Hasek from 10 Years)
- 'Falling Away' (with M Shadow from Avenged Sevenfold)
- 'Somebody' (with Dez Fafara from Devildriver)
- 'Coming Undone' (with Dez Fafara from 'Devildriver')
- 'A.D.I.D.A.S.' (with Benji Webbe from Skindred)
- 'Clown' (with Corey Taylor from Stone Sour/ Slipknot)
- 'Freak' (with Corey Taylor from Stone Sour/ Slipknot)
- 'Blind' (with Matt Healy from Trivium)
Metallica's Lars Ulrich later apologised on-stage to fans for his own "Fuck up" which had triggered a similar predicament for Metallica at Download two years ago. Performing straight after Korn, the headliners played a dazzling two hour set, surprising fans with a run-through of their classic Masters of Puppets album in its entirety, to celebrate 20 years since the album's release (although "It feels more like 19", joked James Hetfield who appeared sporting a bizarre Michael Eavis style beard.
Stay posted for our full Download coverage packed with stage-by-stage reviews, photo galleries, artist interviews and blogs.