Entries for the AIM Awards 2012 now open
Categories include the Golden Welly Independent Festival Award...
Chris Eustace - 14 June 2012
Highlighting the wealth of talent across the independent sector, including the Golden Welly Award for Best Indeependent Festival, won last year by Bearded Theory, entries will be accepted from both AIM member labels & non AIM members.
Application forms can be downloaded from http://www.musicindie.com/awards/enternow and the deadline for entries will be Friday 27 July.
The second annual AIM Independent Music Awards ceremony will be held at The Brewery in Clerkenwell, London on October 29, with Radio 1’s Huw Stephens and 6 Music’s Steve Lamacq again hosting.
The categories open for entry to the 2012 Awards are:
• Best Live Act - For the best live act signed to an independent label, voted for by readers of The Fly
• Independent Album of the Year - For the year's best independently released album
• Best 'Difficult' Second Album - The independent album that has built on the success and brilliance of a debut release
• Golden Welly Award for Best Independent Festival - Recognising the UK's best independent festival
• Independent Breakthrough of the Year - For an artist that made serious waves in 2012
• Genre Spotlight Award - Recognising a great release in a niche or specialist genre
• Special Catalogue Release of the Year - For a catalogue release that offers something special
• Best Small Label - They're not big (yet) but they are clever!
• Hardest Working Band or Artist - For a band or artist that demonstrates an admirable work ethic
Other awards categories are:
• PPL Award for Most Played Independent Act - For the independent act most played in public and on radio
• Pioneer Award - Recognising a visionary independent label founder
• Outstanding Contribution to Music - For an artist who continues to influence and inspire with their work
• Independent Label of the Year - For a label that has had a truly brilliant year
• Independent Entrepreneur of the Year - For someone approaching the market in a smart and forward thinking way
• Indie Champion Award - For an individual who demonstrates unwavering support for the independent community
Voting for the Best Live Act Award and the Indie Champion Award, chosen by will be open from August 13-30. Voting for the Golden Welly Award will be open from September 10-23.
Other winners from the inaugural ceremony held last year included Adele for Best 'Difficult' Second Album and the PPL Award for Most Played Independent Act, Bjork for Outstanding Contribution to Music Award, SBTRKT for Independent Breakthrough of the Year, Stolen Recordings for Best Small Label and Domino’s Laurence Bell, who received the Pioneer Award.