Top Ten Green Tips For Happy Campers
How to festival with a conscious this summer
Ben Challis on 27 April 2011
1. Use public transport if possible - coach travel is best. If you have to use a car then lift share and get at least
four people in your car!
2. Look out for new travel schemes including cycling to festivals.
3. Reduce what you bring, re-use what you can, recycle everything else.
4. Please don’t leave tents and other camping gear behind.
5. Turn off taps!
6. Avoid buying over-packaged goods and individual portion packs.
7. Buy durable products, returnable bottles and containers that can be re-filled.
8. Get a wind up torch - and a wind up radio!
9. Buy fair-trade and organic food, drinks and products at stalls if possible.
10. Please don’t set off Chinese lanterns.
For more on A Greener Festival, head to their website or check out their VF blog here.