The UK Festival Awards, sponsored by Virtual Festivals, allow fans to set the continuing standard of the UK's music festival scene each year.
What is the UK Festival Awards?
- The Oscars of the festival world – the first and only awards to celebrate and reward the organisers and artists behind the greatest festival scene in the world.
- First established in 2004 (online) and 2006 (as a live event).
- Voted for by festival-goers.
- The only social event to bring together the UK’s entire festival industry under one roof.
How Does it Work?
- Festivals put themselves forward for inclusion in the ‘long-lists’ via an online application process.
- All festivals are entered into the Best Major, Medium-Sized or Small categories depending on their capacities, and they are also entered into niche categories where relevant, such as Best Family Festival, Best Dance Event, and so forth.
- All festivals are weighted by their capacity, to give smaller events a fair chance against ones that are much larger.
- Over an initial three week public voting period, the fans decide the final shortlists.
- Over a final three week voting period, they determine the final winner in each category.
- The winners are announced and awarded at the gala Awards Ceremony which takes place towards the end of the year.
The UK Festival Conference
Launched in 2008, the UK Festival Awards and Conference brings together the largest and most senior group of UK and European music festival industry professionals ever assembled under one roof, to share insights and information, network, do business and have a great time during the day of the UK Festival Awards. Click here for more info.
"These awards are a great way to get feedback from the people that matter – live music fans. It's a bit of fun certainly, but who does not welcome recognition? And for those that win prizes, it is a wonderful acknowledgement of all the hard work that is put in by so many people to make a festival successful.”
– Michael Eavis, Glastonbury Festival
"We were thrilled to win the UK Festival Award for 'Best Live Act'. It was great to win an award that says you're good at festivals. The live side to this band has always been really important, even from very early days, and it's always great getting that respect from the people that matter."
– Matt Bellamy, Muse
“It’s about time the UK festival scene had an awards show so we can all pat each other on the back and get drunk – but seriously there are so many exciting festivals and ideas out there to congratulate and this the first awards to do just that”
– Rob da Bank, Bestival
“These awards are a fantastic and important addition to the awards calendar as they are the only ones dedicated to recognising the hard work and effort that goes into producing so many incredible outdoor live music events in the UK.” – Geoff Ellis, T in the Park.
"Live music is all about the fans. For the fans to recognise and vote for our festivals is the highest accolade we can get”
– Stuart Galbraith, Kilimanjaro Live
"It’s an honour and a privilege to be sitting alongside an amazing line-up of Britain’s (and many will agree, the world’s) best music festivals in these categories.”
– Bob Angus, V Festival Director
“The coveted UK Festival Awards not only recognise what great events we have in this country but firmly puts the UK on the global map as leaders in their field when it comes to outdoor events. The number of people that have voted this year proves this and the fact that these awards are voted for by the people who attend our events makes them very special.”
– James Barton, Creamfields
Festival Organisers wishing to submit their event:
Just ensure your festival is listed on Virtual Festivals and we have your contact details (email email@example.com) and we'll take care of the rest.
Advertising and Sponsorship Enquiries:
Contact Chris McCormick on +44 (0) 7980 640 487 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The UK Festival Awards – www.festivalawards.com
See also: The European Festival Awards