1. The Competition is ? unless stated - organised by Virtual Festivals.com Ltd of 72 Charlotte Street, London W1T 4QQ ("Virtual Festivals") registration 03820077.
2. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice included on the www.virtualfestivals.com web page posting for such Competition (the "Competition Notice") and are incorporated herein. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
3. Virtual Festivals reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition, the Competition Notice or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Competition Notice or these Rules. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Competition Rules, Virtual Festivals, 72 Charlotte Street, London W1T 4QQ.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, Competition Notice, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of Virtual Festivals shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. By default, to qualify to enter the Competition you and any winning partner must be resident in the United Kingdom and be aged 16 or over at time of entering the competition. Some competitions may require that you are aged 18 or over to enter. This will be specified in the competition text.
6. Employees of Virtual Festivals or any company involved in the Competition or, if relevant or any advertising agency or web company connected with Virtual Festivals or any such person?s subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition. Virtual Festivals reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or drivers licence will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire.
8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
9. Virtual Festivals assumes that by using its site and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) either you have legal capacity to enter the Competition and agree to the Rules (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract) or your parents have consented to your entry of the Competition and use of these Rules.
10. Virtual Festivals reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
11. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Virtual Festivals in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement contestant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
12. There is no restriction on the number of entries allowed per person, unless explicitly stated.
13. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
14. There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition and there is no charge to register for use of the www.virtualfestivals.com website.
15. If the competition is entered via an SMS entry system, the Competition Notice will include details of the anticipated cost, and any other guidance to which Virtual Festivals must adhere in compliance with ICSTIS rules.
16. You must have the mobile telephone bill payer?s permission to enter the competition.
17. Proof of texting cannot be accepted as proof of entry. Virtual Festivals cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
18. Prize winners will be chosen at random unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying entries within 7 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. The decision of Virtual Festivals shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
19. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification within the time stated therein may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)? names may be published on the Virtual Festivals website or you can write to Competition Prize Winners, Virtual Festivals, 72 Charlotte Street, London W1T 4QQ naming the specific competition including a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winners.
20. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
21. The full prize and all included components will be detailed in the competition copy. There will be no additional components to the prize beyond those stated.
22. The prize(s) will be distributed to the winner either by Virtual Festivals or the third party partner organisation associated with the competition (which will be identified on the competiton page).
23. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Virtual Festivals reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
24. Prizes are awarded at Virtual Festivals? discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
25. If the prize includes tickets to an event, the event?s line-up may change from that advertised. Any such changes to the event ? including cancellation ? are beyond Virtual Festivals? control and Virtual Festivals cannot be held responsible. In the event of cancellation, the event ? or the associated partner who secured the ticket(s) ? will take sole responsibility for supplying a replacement prize.
26. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights
27. In consideration of Virtual Festivals agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby assigns to Virtual Festivals the complete copyright and all other rights in any entry, which shall be for the full period of copyright. Virtual Festivals shall be free to assign such rights to third parties.
28. Furthermore, any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that the information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Virtual Festivals reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
29. Virtual Festivals cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Virtual Festivals is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant?s or any other person?s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Virtual Festivals? liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
30. The winner and their partner will need to comply with all legal, moral and other obligations of the festival organisers and promoters at their chosen festival.
31. Winners and their chosen partner will be bound by the terms and conditions as laid down by the festival organisers and promoters, including cancellation and subject to licence conditions, for each festival that they select as their prize.
Data Protection and Publicity
32. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Virtual Festivals reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
33. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual?s prior consent.
34. The Competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by English law.
How to contact us
35. You can contact us in relation to any competition by writing to Virtual Festivals.com Ltd, 72 Charlotte Street, London W1T 4QQ.
36. Any failure, by the winner or their chosen partner, to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions within this and the associated documents will result in cancellation of their prize and reissue of any remaining prize to a new winner.