We asked our festival-weathered message board community what 20 items MUST be taken to any weekend camping event. This is what they came up with...
Ok, it's not rocket science, but here's a checklist of stuff to take to the summer's festivals to ensure your weekend is safe, dry, hygienic and warm (within reason). We've even gone so far as to list them in vague and debateable order of importance...
1. TENT - Yes, you'll need one of these, they come in many shapes and sizes and degrees of putting-up-difficulty. Click here to peruse the latest models.
2. SLEEPING BAG - It fits nicely into a tent as you fit snuggly into it's shiny, sheath-like surround. Buy one with a zip. Have a look here.
3. WELLIES - Or a big, hard pair of boots. Avoid trench-foot, stay dry-toed, and perhaps snap up some really funky ones like these.
4. MAC or PONCHO - Something warm and waterproof to wrap up in during those long nights. Also good to offer ladies in a gentlemanly and chivalrous way - have a ganders here.
5. TOILET ROLL - Do not assume toilets will be regularly restocked, as most don't even stock in the first place. Take lots and keep it on you.
6. TICKETS and WALLET - If you forget to bring this, then you may as well forget all the above, unless you own a camper van and fancy ram-raiding your way in.
7. RUCKSACK - They are handy for carrrying stuff to the festival. Check out these tasty tackle bags and just imagine all the lovely things you could fit inside, including....
8. PANTS and SOCKS - These have a habit of getting wet, smelly, lost, or stuffed down toilets fairly regularly, so stock up. Get your mum to buy them for you.
9. SUNCREAM - Listen to Rage Against The Machine's 'Bomb Track' before you go ('Burn, burn, yes you're gonna burn') should remind you to slap it on.
10. TROUSERS - Just one spare pair is necessary for emergencies, but you'll probably spend the entire weekend in the same ones and not care.