We've gone all Einstein on the figures and from Slipknot to Gary Barlow calculated the top ten festival headliners of the summer - now tell us what you think!
Our reviewers are notoriously hard to please, with just six headliners out of all the festivals we’ve covered this year getting full marks. Maybe you were wowed by Prince at Hop Farm, or you’re a Nutini fan desperate to avenge his “despair out of 10” score at Latitude.
Now it’s your chance to tell the world who headlined your summer, scroll down to vote for your favourite in the UK Festival Awards at the bottom of the article.
One lucky fan who votes in the Awards will win a pair of tickets to every winning festival in 2012, so just in case that last cider made things a little bit too hazy, we’ve had a look through our reviews to find who got the best verdicts. Maybe it’ll help you out with yours?
Here’s the top ten festival headline sets this year as we saw it:
10. Mogwai – End Of The Road 2011 (9/10) “Tonight is a sonic journey from beautiful subtle intricacies through to ear splitting guitar noises.”
9. Kanye West – The Big Chill 2011 (9/10) “A bombastic, over the top slice of egotistical superstardom…the whole Hollywood shebang.”
8. The Cure – Bestival 2011 (9/10) “The most majestic encore ever – ‘The Love Cats’ and a dry ‘Boys Don’t Cry’”
7. Bon Jovi – Hard Rock Calling 2011 (10/10) “Strewn with fan favourites…the aftershocks are felt long after the speakers are turned off.”
6. Slipknot – Sonisphere 2011 (10/10) “A set so cathartic it could have earned a Pulitzer Prize.”
5. Eminem – V Festival Staffordshire 2011 (10/10) “A conquering headline show means [V] won’t be scuttling around looking for the receipt.”
4. Gary Barlow – Radio 2 In Hyde Park 2011 (10/10) “He blows the top of Hyde Park… accompanied by fireworks and rapturous applause.”
3. Muse – Reading Festival 2011 (10/10) “A majestic and sublime headline set on a scale rarely surpassed.”
2. Pulp – Reading Festival 2011 (10/10) “Today they celebrate all we’ve grown to love about them in one spectacular performance.”
1. Foo Fighters – Isle Of Wight Festival 2011 (10/10) “Sheer brilliance and supernova-like energy. Dave Grohl tells the crowd “we’ll just keep playing till they kick us off” and they are literal to the word. Unparalleled entertainment.”
Agree or disagree? Now’s your chance to have your say, vote for your festival headliner of 2011 in the UK Festival Awards below;