About Virtual Festivals Europe
15 August 2008
Connecting the entire European Festival Scene in a single website.
Virtual-Festivals.com has joined forces with Yourope (The European Festival Association) to expand its reach and create the world’s first pan-European online portal and social network for music festivals and the millions who attend them.
Europe accounts for by far the world’s the largest and most flourishing festival marketplace with over 3000 events across 45 countries, attended by more than 50 Million people each year – and growing fast.
Virtual Festivals Europe will aggregate this huge, fragmented market into a single focussed online destination that connects the entire industry and consumer audience.
Benefits to the Industry:
- VF Europe will provide festivals with the most powerful marketing resource in existence to promote themselves to the pan-European festival audience.
- It will improve communication and co-operation within the industry itself.
- It will encourage cross-pollination of audiences across international borders and different types of events.
- As a real-time barometer of consumer taste, it will provide invaluable market research information and feedback from the audience, allowing the industry to react more efficiently to changing consumer demand and market trends, as well as social and environmental issues.
- By aggregating a very large, but fragmented marketplace, the sector as a whole will become more prominent within Arts, Entertainment & Leisure.
Benefits to Festival-Goers:
- Will increase their awareness of the festival scene on a local, national and international level, allowing them to make more informed consumer choices.
- Will create a pan-European connected community allowing people to meet and socialise with others that share their interests and passions.
- By streamlining the consumer lifecycle - finding information, buying tickets, tents and travel, planning their festival and allowing them to broadcast and share their experiences after the event - people's overall enjoyment of the festival experience will increase.
- By providing a platform that amplifies the collective feedback of festival-goers (through posting ratings, comments, reviews and voting in the awards), consumers will be empowered to mould the future of the rapidly evolving offline environment, in accordance with their preferences.