New York Dolls at Festivals
The New York Dolls are a rock group formed in New York City in 1971, now famous as a protopunk band. Though they found limited success during their initial run, the New York Dolls prefigured much of what was to come in the punk rock era, particularly among other NYC bands such as the Ramones. And, even later; the Dolls' over-the-top crossdressing and sexual tone influenced the look of many glam metal groups, especially that of early Mötley Crüe and Poison, and their shambling and sloppy but highly energetic playing style set the tone for many later rock n roll bands. Read more about New York Dolls on Last.fm.
Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers , Johnny Thunders , MC5 , Richard Hell and the Voidoids , Dead Boys ,
glam rock , punk , proto-punk , punk rock , rock ,
- Isle of Wight Festival 2012 - 23 Jun 2012 (The Garden Stage)
- Rebellion Festival 2010 - (Unspecified Stage)
- Lovebox Weekender 2009 - 19 Jul 2009 (Unspecified Stage)
- Lovebox Weekender 2009 - 19 Jul 2009 (Main Stage)
- Lounge On The Farm 2008 - 12 Jul 2008 (The Cow Shed)
- Wireless Festival (London) 2008 - 04 Jul 2008 (Tuborg Stage)
- Paredes de Coura Festival 2007 - 14 Aug 2007 (Heineken Stage)
- Across The Narrows 2005 (Staten Island) - 01 Oct 2005 (Main Stage)
- Virgin Trains Move Festival 2004 - 11 Jul 2004 (Main Stage) Less...