Soundgarden at Festivals
Soundgarden is a Seattle rock band who helped to define the sound that came to be called grunge. Despite starting years earlier, and having a sound that more closely resembled Black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin than their contemporaries, they are considered one of the "big four" of the '90s Seattle grunge bands, along with Alice in Chains, Nirvana and Pearl Jam. The band was formed in 1984 by Chris Cornell (vocals, and originally drums) and Hiro Yamamoto (bass), to be joined later by Kim Thayil (guitar) and Scott Sundquist (drums). Read more about Soundgarden on Last.fm.
Alice in Chains , Chris Cornell , Temple of the Dog , Pearl Jam , Screaming Trees ,
grunge , rock , alternative rock , alternative , hard rock ,
- Black Sabbath to play London's Hyde Park
- Hard Rock Calling 2012 stage times announced
- Mars Volta added to Hard Rock Calling
- Soundgarden to headline Hard Rock Calling 2012
- Kanye West blames rain for late BDO show
- No more Big Day Out for NZ
- Rock am Ring 2012 tickets sell out
- Download 2012 booker backs Chase & Status
- Rock am Ring, Rock im Park 2012 line-up additions
- Big Day Out organiser speaks out about 2012 event
- Rumour Mill: Tony Iommi hints at Sabbath reunion (again)
- Big Day Out 2012 tickets on sale now
- Rumour mill: Soundgarden for festivals in 2012?
- Download: "Booking Metallica would have been boring"
- The Strokes for Reading and Leeds Festival 2011?