Dhol Foundation at Festivals
The Dhol Foundation is both a dhol drum institute in London and a musical group playing bhangra music. The dhol school was founded in 1989 by former Alaap member Johnny Kalsi when several musicians asked him to be their teacher, and a first album was released by Kalsi and his students in 2001. Dhol drums are a traditional percussion instrument from the Punjab province in the north of India, from which Kalsi originates. In London he experimented with dance beats and electronic music, which he mixes with the traditionnal banghra style in his albums. Read more about Dhol Foundation on Last.fm.
Midival Punditz , Transglobal Underground , State Of Bengal , Karsh Kale , Niraj Chag ,
world , bhangra , drums , indian , desi ,
- Bestival 2011 - 10 Sep 2011 (Bollywood Tent)
- Towersey Village Festival 2010 - (Unspecified Stage)
- Fusion Asia Bracknell 2010 - 07 Nov 2010 (Unspecified)
- Cornbury Music Festival 2010 - 04 Jul 2010 (Second Stage)
- Wychwood Music Festival 2009 - 31 May 2009 (Independent Stage)
- Oxford Folk Festival 2009 - 20 Mar 2009 (Town Hall Main Stage)
- Beautiful Days 2006 - 27 Jul 2006 (Main stage)
- Glastonbury Festival 2003 - 08 Jan 2003 (The One World Stage) Less...