Tortoise at Festivals
Tortoise's almost entirely instrumental music defies easy categorization. The group gained significant attention from their early career. The members have roots in Chicago's fertile music scene, playing in various indie rock and punk groups. Formed in 1990, Tortoise was among the first American indie rock bands to incorporate styles closer to krautrock, dub, minimalism, electronica and various jazz styles, rather than the standard rock and roll and punk that had dominated indie rock for years. Read more about Tortoise on Last.fm.
Tortoise & Bonnie 'Prince' Billy , Isotope 217 , Brokeback , Do Make Say Think , Don Caballero ,
post-rock , instrumental , experimental , indie , post rock ,
- Field Day 2012 - 02 Jun 2012 (Village Mentality Stage in association with The Quietus)
- Field Day 2011 - 30 Jul 2011 (Unspecified)
- Synch Festival 2009 - (unspecified)
- Langerado Festival 2009 - (Unspecified Stage)
- Bonnaroo 2007 - 15 Jun 2007 (This Tent)
- Austin City Limits Festival 2005 - 25 Sep 2005 (AMD Stage)
- Rock Werchter 2004 - 04 Jul 2004 (Pyramid Marquee)
- All Tomorrow's Parties - Weekend One 2004 - 27 Mar 2004 (Main Stage)
- AV Festival 2003 - 10 Apr 2003 (Unspecified) Less...