The Virgin Marys at Festivals
Satellite towns tend to breed big ambitions. Perched on the hills above Manchester, Macclesfield's principle claim to fame comes in the cult of Ian Curtis. That classic example of the 'just out of the city' boy reinforces how big horizons tend to breed big ambitions. The Virginmarys are not part of the Curtis club. Their music blends the dynamics of platinum class 'grunge' (basically Nirvana, Mudhoney and Screaming Trees) with the spikiness of punk and the attention to detail and honesty of prime British rock of the early 1970's, before the wizards and capes overcame the attack and dynamic. Read more about The Virginmarys on Last.fm.
Black Spiders , The Union , Tracer , Heaven's Basement , Electric Mary ,
rock , hard rock , garage rock , alternative , british ,
- Isle of Wight Festival 2012 - 24 Jun 2012 (The Big Top)
- Kendal Calling 2011 - 29 Jul 2011 (Calling Out Stage)
- Friends Of Mine Festival 2011 - 20 May 2011 (Unspecified Stage)
- Download Festival 2010 - 13 Jun 2010 (Red Bull Bedroomjam.com Stage)
- Y-Not Festival 2009 - 31 Jul 2009 (Main Stage)
- BOM Fest 2009 - 18 Jul 2009 (Main Stage)
- Whatfest 2009 - (Unspecified Stage)
- Y-Not Festival 2008 - 01 Aug 2008 (Main Stage)
- Hide and Seek Festival 2008 - 30 May 2008 (The Ruby Lounge)
- Liverpool Sound City 2008 - 27 May 2008 (Magnet) Less...