James Hunter at Festivals
Hunter is a British blue-eyed soul singer whose smokey mellifluous voice has been compared to his influences like Sam Cooke, Georgie Fame and Jackie Wilson. Hunter began his roots music career in the 1980s under the name Howlin' Wilf. His later solo recordings feature rhythm and blues in the style of the 1950s and 60's, pitched between R&B, early rock and roll, and early soul. His 1994 solo debut, Believe What I Say, had guest appearances by Doris Troy and Van Morrison, and Hunter appeared on a couple of Morrisons's mid-'90s albums... Read more about James Hunter on Last.fm.
The James Hunter Six , JD McPherson , Eli "Paperboy" Reed , Lee Dorsey , Don Covay ,
soul , rhythm and blues , blues , blue-eyed soul , jazz ,
- Bluesfest London 2011 - 27 Jun 2011 (100 Club)
- Cheltenham Jazz Festival 2011 - 28 Apr 2011 (Arena)
- The London International Ska Festival - 21 Apr 2011 (Unspecified)
- Beachdown Festival 2009 - (Unspecified Stage)
- Rock en Seine 2009 - 28 Aug 2009 (Unspecified)
- Rhythm Festival 2009 - 23 Aug 2009 (Main Stage)
- Glastonbury Festival 2009 - 26 Jun 2009 (The Park Stage)
- Bluesfest 2009 - 10 Apr 2009 (Jambalaya Stage)
- Bluesfest 2009 - 12 Apr 2009 (Crossroads Stage)
- Austin City Limits 2007 - 14 Sep 2007 (Austin Ventures)
- Maryport Blues Festival 2007 - 28 Jul 2007 (Main Marquee Stage)
- Woburn Live 2007 - 27 Jul 2007 (Main Stage) Less...