The Police at Festivals
The Police were an English rock band strongly influenced by reggae, jazz and punk rock. They were originally formed in 1977 in London by Stewart Copeland (drums), Gordon Sumner, better known as Sting (bass and lead vocals), and Henry Padovani (guitar). Andy Summers later joined the group, and after a very short stint as a quartet, Padovani left the band. The Police became one of the most popular bands in the late 70s and throughout the 80s. Read more about The Police on Last.fm.
Sting , Peter Gabriel , Tears for Fears , U2 , Genesis ,
rock , classic rock , 80s , new wave , pop ,
- Hard Rock calling it quits
- The Police shut down the Isle of Wight
- The Police announce festival date
- The Police back on the beat
- More legends to reform for Coachella!
- The Police Confirm 'Something Special'
- The Police for Glasto or IOW?
- BT to sponsor Isle Of Wight Festival
- Isle Of Wight Festival releases more tickets