James Blackshaw at Festivals
James Blackshaw (born in London in 1981) is a British guitarist and pianist currently based in Hastings, Sussex. He is highly-regarded for his pieces for solo 12-string guitar, nylon-string classical guitar and piano. Strongly inspired by the 60s Takoma school of guitarists, minimalist composers and European classical music, Blackshaw employs fingerpicking techniques to create drones, overtones and repeating patterns, alongside a strong inclination for melody, to create instrumental music that is both intelligent, hypnotic and emotional. Read more about James Blackshaw on Last.fm.
Brethren of the Free Spirit , Jack Rose , Robbie Basho , Steffen Basho-Junghans , Six Organs of Admittance ,
folk , instrumental , acoustic , experimental , guitar ,
- Supernormal Festival 2012 - (Unspecified Stage)
- Supersonic 2010 - (Main Stage)
- ATP Festival Weekend One (Matt Groening) 2010 - (Unspecified Stage)
- Triptych 2008 - 26 Apr 2008 (Bongo Club, Edinburgh)
- Triptych 2008 - 27 Apr 2008 (The Ivy, Glasgow)
- The Green Man Festival 2006 - 09 Aug 2006 (The Green Man Cafe) Less...